1st Weekend in October:
1. Fall Festival at the kids school. Will cost around $20 or so to let the kids go and enjoy the activities -- fundraiser for the school so no biggie.
2. A co-worker gave me 2 free tickets to a Halloween event at a local amusement park. We have 4 in our family so we'd have to buy 2 more tickets which would cost $52. The event happens every year but we had never been before so it would be a real treat for the kids. Even at $52, we'd probably never get this great deal again (basically 50% off), so we'll go. We have to go this particular night as the free tickets are only for this night (opening night) so we'll head out there after the Fall Festival.
3. Going to sis's house 3 hours away for a birthday party for both my niece and nephew. Will enjoy the trip to visit with them but will be spending a pretty penny at the same time.
Birthday gifts to buy = $40
Gas for trip = $50
Eating out with extended family = $100 (I'm expected to foot the bill for dinner)
Total estimated for first weekend in Oct = $262
2nd Weekend in October:
1. Some of DH's family from CA will be here. DH hasn't seen them in probably 15 years so that will be a very nice visit.
Cost of entertaining them will probably be just around $100.
2. A different nephew has a birthday so another birthday gift to buy = $20
Total estimated for second weekend in Oct = $120
3rd Weekend in October:
1. NC State Fair - we try to attend each year as our own little family tradition. We used to live right there but after we moved away, we are now 4 hours from the event. So with tickets, hotel, food, gas etc., this weekend might be pricey at around $300.
2. DH's sister has a birthday so another gift probably at around $30 for her.
Total estimated for third weekend in Oct = $330
4th Weekend in October:
1. Our youngest celebrates a birthday so with her gifts and throwing a party with friends, we are estimating a price tag of around $150.
Total estimated for fourth weekend in Oct = $150
5th Weekend in October:
1. Halloween -- won't probably spend too much on costumes this year. Oldest will be wearing something that I made for one of her school plays and we haven't decided on what the youngest wants to do yet. Got to buy candy for the neighborhood kids so all in all, maybe just $30.
Total estimated for fifth weekend in Oct = $30
THAT'S A TOTAL OF $892!! Geez!
Archive for September, 2009
1st Weekend in October:
Ok, I'll be graduating with my MBA on Dec 18, 2009. I want to go on a huge vacation to celebrate. My only problem is deciding what to do and where to go.
We don't travel much at all so we are a bit foreign to the whole "planning a big adventure" idea. Help?!
Some info... we live in NC. We've been to Disney World in FL which is probably the biggest trip we've taken with our 2 children. DH and I have been on a Carribean cruise and have gone to the Bahamas (trips before kids!).
Anyone have any suggestions on what we should look at? The kids are under 12, if that helps. We'd have about 2 weeks to take off over Christmas Break... so we are looking at the last 2 weeks in Dec.
ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ADVICE WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL! Regarding budget -- I'd like to spend no more than $5,000 if possible.